How To Frame And Mount Your Picture
Exciting times! You've received your frame and now you need to get your new print framed up. It won't take long thanks to this step by step guide.
Before You Start
Fitting your picture and attaching your hanging fixings should take about 3 minutes.
- Check the box and make sure you've got everything you expected
- Make sure your hands are clean before handling your picture
- Clear a flat working area
Fitting Your Picture
Take Your Frame Apart
After you've checked all your parts are there, you can start framing your picture. First up you need to remove all the components from the inside of the frame.
- Place your frame face down
- Using a knife or flat-head screwdriver, gently left the flexipoints up
- Carefully pull out the boards and glazing within so your frame is completely empty. Keep these to the side for now
Attach Your Picture to the Mount
If using the provided mount, you'll need to secure your picture to the back of the mount with tape.
- Place your picture face down
- Run a strip of tape across the top edge of your picture as shown
- Turn your picture back over and carefully position your mount over the picture
- Make sure the picture is positioned correctly, ensuring it's straight, and press firmly down to attach it in place
- Turn your mount and picture face down again and smooth the tape down for a strong bond
Prepare the Glazing
All frame orders come with Clarity+ Acrylic. Remove the blue protective film from both sides.
At this point it is recommended clean your glazing, Although the frame manufacturer makes every effort to minimise the amount of dust in their factory, some may still be present, This final clean will ensure there are definitely no pesky particles when the picture is in the frame.
I recommend using a micro fibre cloth to gently clean the acrylic so as not to damage it.
Put It Together
Once you are satisfied that the glazing is completely clear:
- Place your glass or acrylic back inside the frame
- Place your picture (& mount) inside the frame
- Place your MDF backing board back inside the frame
- Push the flexipoints back down to sandwich the frame components in place
After reinserting all the frame pieces, you can turn the framed picture over to make sure you're happy with the alignment.
Attach the Hanging Fixings
All our frames are suitable to hang. If you're leaning your frame on a shelf then you don't need to complete the following steps.
Pass the cord through the D-Rings and then pull tight. Cut away any excess string you may have and make sure its fastened securely.
You are now ready to enjoy your environmentally conscious print.